New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Communications Systems Infrastructure/Automated Metering Infrastructure
The New Hampshire Electric Cooperative (NHEC) Communications Systems Infrastructure (CSI)/Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) project involved the installation of two-way voice and data communications infrastructure to support improved communications in the field and smart metering systems for over 83,000 members located throughout New Hampshire.
The aim was to help NHEC members manage electricity consumption and associated costs by providing them with detailed usage information and the option to participate in time-based rate programs. In addition, NHEC expected the new systems to improve outage detection and response time, provide tamper detection, and reduce operations and maintenance costs.
- Investment Grant Program
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure
- Customer Systems
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) / Smart Meters
- Backhaul Communications
- In-Home Display
- Meter Communications Network
- Meter Data Management System
- Smart Meter - Industrial
- Reduced Meter Reading Costs
- Reduced Operating and Maintenance Costs
- Reduced Costs from Theft
- Increased Electric Service Reliability
- Reduced Truck Fleet Fuel Usage
- Reduced Greenhouse Gas and Criteria Pollutant Emissions