Chevron Energy Solutions L.P.
CERTS: Microgrid Demonstration with Large-Scale Energy Storage and Renewables at Santa Rita Jail
AbstractThe overarching objectives of the proposed demonstration are to significantly reduce peak load and measurably improve power reliability at Santa Rita Jail. This will be accomplished by implementing a CERTS (Consortium for Electric Reliability Technology Solutions) microgrid that incorporates one of the nation’s largest customer-sited NaS energy storage systems with multiple distributed energy resources. By effectively reducing peak load, the project will improve grid reliability, increase grid efficiency and security. By providing islanding capability, the project will meet critical customer reliability requirements.
National Energy Technology Laboratory
3610 Collins Ferry Road
Morgantown, WV 26507-0880
Chevron Energy Solutions Company
345 California St. 18th Fl.
San Francisco, CA 94104-2624
- Renewable and Distributed Systems Integration
- Improve grid reliability
- Increase grid efficiency and security
- Meet critical customer reliability requirements
- Increase future commercial applications of CERTS microgrid technology with large-scale energy storage
- Demonstrate DER “plug and play” capability
- Reduce diesel consumption by 90%