Federal Smart Grid Task Force
The Federal Smart Grid Task Force was established under Title XIII of the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA). The Department of Energy Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (OE) leads the Task Force. Its mission is to ensure awareness, coordination, and integration of the diverse activities of the Office and others in the Federal Government related to Smart Grid technologies, practices, and services.
The Task Force collaborates with DOE's Electricity Advisory Committee (EAC) and other relevant Federal agencies and programs. The Task Force includes member experts from seven different Federal agencies.
- Federal Communications Commission
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- National Energy Technology Laboratory
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce/International Trade Administration
- U.S. Department of Defense
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency