- Publication Date: June 2014
- Publishing Organization: U.S. Department of Energy
- Format: PDF
smartgrid,SGDP,AMI,Consumer Programs,VAR Optimization
The AEP Ohio gridSMART® Demonstration Project (Project) achieved the following objectives:
- Built a secure, interoperable, and integrated smart grid infrastructure in northeast central Ohio that demonstrated the ability to maximize distribution system efficiency and reliability and consumer use of demand response programs that reduced energy consumption, peak demand, and fossil fuel emissions.
- Actively attracted, educated, enlisted, and retained consumers in innovative business models that provided tools and information reducing consumption and peak demand.
- Provided the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) information to evaluate technologies and preferred smart grid business models to be extended nationally.
Click title or image to download document