WebEx Presentation and Demonstration of the DOE Energy Storage Computational Tool
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (OE) and the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) invite you to attend a one-hour WebEx meeting on Wednesday, November 7, at 2:00 PM EST for a presentation and demonstration of the Energy Storage Computational Tool (ESCT) that was recently made available on SmartGrid.gov. The ESCT was developed to identify, quantify, and monetize the benefits of energy storage projects based on data collected during operation of grid-connected energy storage systems. However, the ESCT can also be used as a planning tool to estimate the value that could be achieved by implementing energy storage.
To participate in the meeting, please join the meeting via WebEx and telephone.
WebEx and Teleconference Information
- Topic: DOE - Energy Storage Computational Tool
- Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2012
- Time: 2:00 pm, Eastern Standard Time (New York, GMT-05:00)
- Meeting number: 590 164 869
- Meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
- Please click the link below to see more information, or to join the meeting.
- NEW USER? Prepare your computer in advance of the meeting by clicking New User on the navigation bar.
- Teleconference Dial-In Number: 866-855-1402
- Conference Code: 1047351187
Energy Storage Computational Tool
The Energy Storage Computational Tool (ESCT) is a Microsoft Excel based application used for identifying, quantifying, and monetizing the benefits of grid-connected energy storage projects to calculate the net present value over the system lifetime.
How it works:
- The ESCT characterizes energy storage projects by identifying the storage technologies employed and identifying the applications pursued.
- Based on this characterization, the tool identifies the economic, reliability and environmental benefits the storage project will yield.
- The ESCT guides the user in entering data required for calculating the monetary value of benefits and associated capital and O&M costs.
- The ESCT prepares graphs and tables that summarize the costs and benefits of the project to help illustrate the project's overall value.
You may download the ESCT, an overview presentation, and the user guide using the links below:
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact Warren Wang of Navigant at 213-618-9019 or email@example.com .