Federal SmartGrid Initiatives
Federal Smart Grid Initiatives highlights key government-sponsored programs and activities related to the development and modernization of the electric grid in the United States.
Federal Smart Grid Task Force, led by the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability (DOE OE) convened the first meeting in the multistakeholder process. The goal of the process is to develop a Voluntary Code of Conduct (VCC) for utilities and third parties providing consumer energy use services that will addresses privacy related to data enabled by smart grid technologies.
Work Groups have been established to focus on the development of the mission statement and the evaluation of different aspects of the proposed VCC elements. If you are interested in participating in a Work Group or have questions regarding their activities, please contact the appropriate lead directly.
Work Group Leads
- Mission Statement Work Group – Lead: Dan Francis, AEP, email@example.com
- Notice/Awareness Work Group - Lead: Boris Segalis, Information Law Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choice/Consent Work Group – Lead: Eric Ackerman, EEI, email@example.com
- Access/Participation Work Group – Lead: Megan Hertzler, Xcel Energy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Integrity/Security Work Group – Lead: Ward Pyles, Southern Company, email@example.com
- Management/Redress Work Group - Lead: Chuck Piotrowski, Green Mountain Power, firstname.lastname@example.org
Date: June 4, 2013
Location: Edison Electric Institute, 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20004-2696
Time: 9:30 am-5:00 pm EDT
The meeting will also be webcast. Remote participants will be able to participate in the meeting. Details on remote participation will posted seven days prior to the meeting and will also be sent to registrants.
For security reasons, in person participants will need to pre-register for the meeting.
The meeting is open to the public and the press.
Please register your intent to participate in the meeting:
The first meeting took place on February 26, 2013 from 9:30am to 4:30 pm in Washington, DC. Stakeholders engaged in an open, transparent, consensus-driven process to develop the VCC. The objectives of the meeting were to 1) promote discussion among stakeholders regarding a proposed VCC outline, including the types of data to be covered and 2) establish procedural rules for developing the VCC.